ABOUT THE COURSE
These are the pre-training components of IUD Insertion and Endometrial Biopsy Training, Office Gynecology Training for Family Physicians Program. Participants of this course are REQUIRED to watch the two podcasts and complete the pre-training needs assessment survey prior to the hands-on session. (Read more about the course: https://cumming.ucalgary.ca/cme/office-gynecological-training)
TO NAVIGATE THROUGH THE ONLINE MODULES
It is not recommended to access the online modules on smartphones at this point as your learning experience might be compromised.
‘TAKE NOTES’: To make notes for your own use, click on ‘TAKE NOTES’ at the upper right corner of your screen to open the notes field. All the course notes you have made can be found in a full list in the page of ‘My Courses’.
‘RESUME LEARNING”: For the convenience of self-paced learning, you may exit from the middle of the course and come back later. When you log into the e-learning portal again, click on ‘RESUME LEARNING’, and you will be redirected to where you left last time.
After completion of the IUD Insertion and Endometrial Biopsy training, participants will be able to :
- Recognize indications and test performance of endometrial biopsy
- Define long-acting reversible contraceptive (LARC) and recognize opportunities to the use of LARC options
- Demonstrate the approaches to pre-procedure assessment and counselling for IUD
- Demonstrate and perform endometrial biopsy and IUD insertion
- Identify and discuss management of issues after endometrial biopsy and IUD insertion, including mechanism of action
This Group Learning course has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 12.0 Mainpro+ credits. (2 Mainpro+ Credits per hour)
Please be aware that participants are required to complete all components of the course in order to be eligible to receive the certified credits. Participants cannot opt out of the post-reflective activity to partially claim certified credits.
Material presented are in compliance with the University of Calgary Copyright Policy, Acceptable Use of Material Protected by Copyright.
Course materials are for individual use only and not to be distributed.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & DISCLOSURE
- This course has received no commercial support.
- This course was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
|Stephen Wood||MD FRCPC||Bayer – research group grant
Associate Professor, Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary
Stephen Wood MD FRCPC (CHAIR)
Heather Armson MD CCFP
Sanjeev Bhatla MD CCFP
Reem Hamid MB ChB LMCC CCFP
Chloe Burnett MSc MEd (CME Representative)